Welcome to Our Little Corner of the World!
Hello! Thank you for stopping by to learn a little bit more about me and my family. I am Yvonne, former corporate ladder-climbing career woman turned stay at home, homeschool mom. My husband is Kevin, talented art director and income provider for our family. Matthew is our son, homeschool graduate number one and history buff. Our daughter is Kelsey, my only student and super hero fan.
A few random facts about me:
- native Californian (I only live about an hour from where I was born)
- love cherry pie (oh, why did Costco stop making these?)
- hate to be cold (is it flip flop weather yet?)
- love the beach and Yosemite (the blessing of living in California!)
- spend more money on books than I probably should (too many good books!)
- more of a Martha than a Mary (but learning to be more like Mary)
- love to take pictures (Instagram is my favorite social media outlet!)
- mopping is my least favorite household task (ugh!)
- love to try new recipes and craft projects (which equals messes and many unfinished projects)
- never expected to be a stay at home, homeschooling mom ('didn't pay my way through college to stay home with children!' - can't believe I ever said that!)
- love to travel (LOVE to travel!)
- favorite Bible verse: “Be still and know that I am God.” – Psalm 46:10 (be still... trying to)